Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

Harry, Dean, Tom, Jeannie, me and one other guy (don't know him) had a short bonus session tonight at Metro.  All big gear, but definitely worth it.  The wind shut off when we were all pretty far off shore, and that led to a long schlog back, but again, definitely worth it.

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome back! Must be quite a shocker?
Thanks Don. Yeah, from sailing OP'd on 4.2's and 3.0's, to rigging the biggest stuff in MI is quite a change. It's nice to sail warm water though!
Hello all
Just a quick note to inform you I finally got out at Lakewood (Manningf and
riverside) today for about an hour around
3pm and WOW!! What a gas. I think Beachgrove area is done for me unless Lake wood is
tied up with an event.
I got there around 2:30 and although it looked marginal with wind blowing due East I
rigged a 7.5 and used Annabels
Techno. I walked down the ramp into the water and jumped on the board about 6 feet
from shore with a 15.5 inch fin, How
easy is that?
I was always hesitant to sail Easterly winds on St. Clair owing to the choppieness
and the fact that the wind is blowing
the same direction as the current so you must stay mindfull of your launch spot.
Anyway I jumped on the board and sailed
for almost an hour and almost never dropped off plane and as the wind increased along
with power I was easily able to
come in well upwind of the launch ramp + I was barefoot. Although I would have liked
to have had a good 6.5 session I
can hardly complain as I am finding on the Easterly direction the wind is so much
steadier than the fluuky west winds we
get. Also gives you a chance to jibe close to shore on a port tack rather than the
usual starboard side, with a little
more wind the jumps will begin to get interesting I am sure. See you there Don
Good you got it - it also picked up here in St Clair Shores around 6:00 easily sailable with my 6.0,
East wind at 15-20 mph .
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to enjoy it - Maybe today....
Tom
Tom, did you get wind on Friday night? Where?
It did get very breezy here in St Clair Shores, Milner Street, around 6 pm. Easily 15-20 mph, but I didn't get a chance to get out. ): .The MB weathertalker never reported these conditions - could it be the 5 miles downwind location wasn't as windy?
I am monitoring todays winds seems to be going from S to SSW within the past hour..

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

173 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}