Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

Hmmmm,,,,, New updated  forecast for this morning,, 57 deg F possible sunshine later this afternoon. Mitchell's Bay becoming a very real possibility..Have to dig my stuff out, just changed the board pads on the roof to ski rack so guess I will have to put the boards in the van

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Millard is out at Metro Beach on a 4.2m2!   Wish I could get out!

Waaahooooo!!! I got to Mitchell's Bay around 1pm didn't look exactly great but I rigged a 6.5 and crossed the two yards of pack ice along the shoreline. I ventured out and got planning although not greatly powered but able to stay well upwind for about half an hour.  As the sun came out my expectations for wind were crushed as it slowly ebbed and I began to slog around. Slogged for about 20 min or so and just as i was about to pack it in inoticed a wind line in the water approaching, so out again and this time well worth it, from underpowered to overpowered in about an hour and a half. Had some time to try some hiorizontal 360's but the wind was a little too inconsisent to finish any of them.  Too cold to re-rig at the end but still great sail for Dec 15th. Pretty much dark by the time I got home.

Probably snow tonight!!!!!

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

173 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}