Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

Nice sailing conditions today in Caseville between approx. 1 and 6 pm (after the heavy rain cleared). I was on 100 l & 5.2 mostly as well as on 80 l & 4.0 for a little while. There were about 15 kiters and we were 3 windsurfers.

Views: 35

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yesterday was my first time sailing at Caseville. I am looking forward to a future session.  I made the trip from Lansing because the forecast was better at Caseville than at Lake Lansing and because I have enough free time on Sundays to make the drive.  I was fortunate to run into Benjamin (a skilled sailor and generally nice guy), who showed me the ropes.  Parking and beach access are easy.  And the launch in front of the kitesurfing shop features a sandy beach with a gentle slope. 

Conditions could hardly have been better.  The wind was essentially side-shore.  I started off on a 5.6, switched to 4.6 when the wind filled in, then finished the day back on the 5.6.  Afterwards, I stopped by to touch base with Brian and other windsurfers who launched from a private house down the road.  It sounds like the west coast Michiganders had a great day as well.  It is nice when Mother Nature coordinates with a weekend!

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

173 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}