Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

This time of year, each session is a bonus session, and the warm WSW breezes brought out the WS'ers and kiters today.  Counting, let's see   . .  in no particular order: Walt, Jim, Bob, Chris, Chuck, Jeff, Dan K., Dean, Harry, me, Millard, Craig, John, Tom, and at least three other guys (who's names I don't know, plus a handful of kiters), makes at least 17 WS'ers out today.
Tom deserves honors for milking every last drop out of the wind, and being the last one off the water.  It was dark, you see, and so I think Tom gets to log this as a night session.  What do you think?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rub it in! Glad everyone got out... sounds like everyone but me that is...
Hey glad you guys kept your heads up. I was at Mitchell's Bay and in the water by 9 am and sailed till noon on a 6.0 and 92 ltr board. I almost came off to downsize around 10:30 but it backed off a bit so I managed to get back some control. Good session!! I was the only windsurfer along with 2 kiters that showed up after 10:30. Nice when it lasts all day. It is still blowing out now at midnight but rainy and cold.
Saturday is looking good again for MB and next week is looking promising but I will be back on day shift so not a lot of time after work, ps congrats Tom, looks like you squeezed every ounce out of it today.
Don - You probably don't have to deal with the nasty, foul water on on that side of the lake.
The water seems OK but I have noticed the weeds seem to be more prevelent this year than others for a long time. Andre e-mailed me and said he was at Rondeau on a 3.9 and 80 ltr board in the afternoon. but the weedbed is bad there although if you can stay powered up, and in the right spot it is very,very fast weird, sailing.
I found your comments very interresting. Most of us here are port side jumpers as this is the direction we sail out into the lake in. I got the starboard side duckjibes about four or five years ago but still am not comfortable doing them on the port side and have only attempted doing them in bulk this year.

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

173 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}