Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

For past two years two of my teenagers have had great self-taught luck with a Mistral Bermuda & 6.0 sail.

Unfortunately the retractable fin is now disassembled (lost the spring.... not sure what else broken).  I have the fin.  Absent any other advice I was going to epoxy the fin in permanent to the existing box.

Any experience putting a new fin box in?  

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ray,

You're talking about the retractable center board - right?   When you say that you want to epoxy it in place, do you mean in the 'down' position or the 'up' position?

Maybe you can send some pics.

Brian

Hi Brian thanks for the reply - its not the dagger board;  on the Bermuda the fin at the rear actually pivots about an axis so for instance you could sail it up onto the beach and it swings up out of the way.  However because its so unusual you can't get parts for it.  The info available online pretty much points to either jamming something fixed into the existing box (epoxy!) so you have a fin..... or replace the fin box altogether and use  a more normal type of fin.  With all apologies to the forum I think I'm set that grafting a new finbox in isn't really worth it.  Thanks though - I've looked in on this forum from time to time to gather info.  Hope to make it to the swapmeet next year.

Ray,

I never heard of a fin like that.  Must be an oldie! 

A newer board might be worth it.

Brian

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

173 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}