Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

I had a great afternoon at Grand Haven State Park on 8/29/2020. I was on my Ezzy Wave 5.3 and my Tabou Rocket, pretty over powered.  No waves to speak of, or shore break. 

I’m going to Ludington on Friday for Labor Day weekend. Anyone going to be up that way?

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What does the wind forecast look like for the weekend?

Did you end up going to Ludington on Labor Day? Larry and myself went out inside the breakwater in Muskegon on Labor Day. Conditions were really good, so I assume Ludington must have been good also!

We had a fantastic long weekend in Ludington.  I sailed at Pere Marquette in Muskegon on the way up on Friday in onshore wind with my 7.0, a bit underpowered.  No wind Saturday in Ludington, but it blew like crazy on Sunday and Monday. Sailed Lake Michigan on Sunday wired on my 5.2, then went to Hamlin Lake and sailed that same rig again.  Then again on Hamlin with the 5.2 on Labor Day. Good all around week with George Schwartz.  

I sailed South Haven on Saturday 9/26 for two hours on big 8.0 / Fanatic Gecko 135 way powered until it died around 2 pm.   I saw on iWindsurf that it got really windy later after sunset, 30 mph or so.  It was sideshore for me (SW) but onshore during the big blow overnight.  

That is awesome. Great to hear. Larry Hoff and I sailed in Muskegon inside the breakwater on Sunday afternoon (until dark) of the Labor Day Weekend. This was my first time out in Muskegon and I loved it. I will be back for sure! 

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

173 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}