Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

Northerly suddenly forecast for tonight after supper. We may get a surprise session in tonight once the rain goes by!!! More to follow,,, I hope!!!

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don, I've got one 3hr session in 2012!  Looking like I might have to live vicariously through you again this year!

Brian

Guess what? I finally took a picture at the end of a session!! Here we are packing in and getting ready to do some Margaritas'.

Attachments:

Now they're smiling!!!

Attachments:

Hey Don,

On the other side of the pond I had a nice after work/dinner session myself.

Got a call from Captain B about 5:30 warning me of the wind hogs currently on the water, That is  Larry and Harry both rigging down. I loaded up the van with minimum gear and was rigged and on the water by 7:00, 5.5 and 100 liter board. Captain B kited and declared it good  - nothing beats an unexpected suprise session although in this sport almost all sessions are like that.

Sailed beyond sunset and was all smiles a quick Labatt's time with Captain B and home by 10:00.

Actuall that is my 3rd day in a row, Sunday in Northen Michigan at Empire Beach  and Saturday an inland lake in th same area.

Call it greed   http://slicesports.blogspot.com/

Nice stuff indeed!!!!  Hey Tuesday's forecast claling for SE on your side,,  bigger than Lake Eries forcast. Does that work at Metro B??

SE will work but to have a strong SE is rare. SW to W is best in my opinion  and that's specking from 22 years of sailing experience at Metro.

Kiters love SE it seems to blow above the water - dome effect.

Also beware SE winds at Metro bring floating weedpiles that can kill a good session.

Wow, glad you guys are finally getting some sessions.  Don and Tom - two of my favorite people an two of the guys that get the most water time!

Brian

You know,, the scary part was we were just in late spring wet suits, barefoot (first time since Sept of last year). The water in St. Clair felt really warm to all of us for May! Hopefully the weeds don't take over this summer!!

Hey Tom i am wondring if Patterson Park might work later today? Just not sure if the longboarders will allow us shortboard scum to sail there!  Ha ha!

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

173 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}