Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

I was recently sailing at Blue Lagoon and saw Harry... He had mentioned a good website for checking the marine winds and I forgot what it was! Anyone know any good sites to check those reports?? Specifically for Blue Lagoon and Metro... Thanks!

Chris

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chris,

Harry is a Jedi Master and doesn't need no stinkin' website.  He can use the Force.   So, not sure what he told you, but you can use WindAlert  or NOAA.gov (type in Mount Clemens).  Hopefully, Tom Janicki will chime in here, but he's in Hatteras at the moment along with Harry.

Brian

Chris,

Here's a few that I frequently use, though not specifically for your area:

Yeah, WindAlert is good for Metro and Blue Lagoon. WindAlert requires a paid membership to get access to all of its features (recommended), but you can get a lot of info without joining. The Metro and Blue Lagoon sites are "virtual" so you should also look at Selfridge and the St. Claire Buoy. SLB will usually be higher than what you'll actually have at BL or Metro. ...also I don't think you need a website this year. If you look at the calendar and the year says 2013, you can pretty much count on no wind!!!! :|~
Jeannie

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

173 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}