Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

I started learning to windsurf this year with gear that I'd guess is from the early 80's that I got from my uncle. I'm getting the hang of it, but the tie-on mast is a pain & I keep reading how much better more modern equipment is.

The problem is that I have no idea where to find any around West Michigan. Most of what I'm seeing on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace is too old or too advanced for me.

Does anyone have advice on where to look for used beginner equipment? I live in Grand Rapids and don't mind a long drive.

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you don't mind a REALLY long drive, come out to Hood River, OR, for a swap meet next summer. You will find used gear galore for really good prices. You could probably save enough $ to pay for your gas for the trip. Plus you will get a chance to experience some of the best windsurfing conditions in the U.S.. Summer vacation 2019!

Wow, you weren't kidding about the drive! I think I'll keep looking for places a bit closer to home =]

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

249 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

119 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

16 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

160 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2018   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://api.ning.com:80/files/6vIMLmuhUcrLLIL3po0DvpHbBYZ-QctxAE1sy*OqLilWCgFpTnDwYbklBuyggoVNV1mZx1UL1kiqY*gRuxCQoUG1n8w7dlyj/Animation3.gif); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}