Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

Awesome day!! 
I wasn't expecting such a great day cause the forecast was downgraded from 20-30 to 15-20 at 8AM this morning. Seems like whenever they downgrade a forecast it ends up sucking.  When I got to the lake it was whitecaping  but expecting the worst I started on the 6.9. After an hour I was getting spanked so I headed in for a break. With the downgraded forecast I didn't pack the little gear but luckily I was lazy last time I unloaded the truck  and the 5.5  was in the bottom of the pile,  mark had a demo 430 mast he let me borrow and I was in business. After I finished re-rigging Lake Buttcrack (aka Lansing) was frothing with whitecaps.
Mark was ripping it up with the 90 Lt RRD FSW boosting sweet jumps. Tom finally got on the 103 3Mistral and had a blast skipping over the chop. Lars came out later with a 5.2 and caught a good hour jumping and slashing the chop. Pete, Lisa and Jim came out as it got squirrlly and gusts came from both the South-West and the North-West (sometimes during the same run).
Erich has only been sailing a handfull of times and had some smoking runs on the 125Lt. Goya and 5.2 sail.
Too big a board but he's still uphauling so he needs the float.  Everybody remembers thier first REALLY windy day, and you'll will remember today for a long time. You did great!!! Once your waterstarting and sailing in the straps, days like today will be way more managable. A smaller sail would have helped too.
 I sailed for four hours and I'm really feeling it! Fish tacos for dinner and I'm ready for bed!
Lake Buttcrack has some great days, today was one of them.

Hope to see everyone at the demo tomorrow.....

bob

Views: 12

Reply to This

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

172 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}