Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

Hi im a new windsurfer (or trying to be) in the metro detroit area and i was hoping for some advice. Me and my friend are looking into purchasing some boards ive taken a few lessons while he hasnt taken any but we both plan on taking a couple more before getting boards. ive looked on craigslist but all the deals seem to be on pre-2000 boards which ive heard are very hard to learn on do u have any recommendations for what sort of boards and where i can get a deal on some cheap gear (less than 400 hopefully) ?

thanks

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Again. Doesn't say how big! Also the sail is dacron when it hits the water it will double in weight. New sails take on very little if any water. I have a 6.0 you could have, that's way better than that. Nice try but still it will be very frustrating to learn on.
you know so much! really? that would be great
Hey Max
I was just online and www.silentsports.com in Toronto and www.boardsports.ca also in To are both having swap meets on July 10. check em out!

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

172 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}