Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

Happy Independence Day! 6.3, 105 liters, and a shorty wetsuit on Lake Lansing, what could be better?

5 of us enjoyed the sunshine, warm weather, and hours of planing conditions on Monday (July 5).  Unlike last time, however, I didn't see any bald eagles fishing. 

Also, it was somewhat bittersweet for me because that may have been my swansong as a Michigan windsurfer.  I vividly remember my first session on Lake Lansing after I moved here from NY.  My gear was still in transit, but I managed to convince a kind-hearted soul to lend me his gear for a session while he was taking a break.  Now, 7 years later, I accepted a job in the Princeton, NJ office of a law firm.  I spent last week working in NJ before returning just in time for Monday's session.  Now, I am working-from-home here in MI for the next few weeks while I sell my house and get my stuff moved back to the east cost.  By the way, if anyone wants a house near Lake Lansing with a pole barn big enough for to fit a 10' windsurfing trailer still attached to a tow vehicle, let me know!

Anyway, I want to take the opportunity to say what a pleasure it has been to meet and to sail with so many of you.  I feel like we Lake Lansing sailors developed a tight-knit community.  Reflecting back, I feel like I covered a lot of ground here in MI away from Lansing as well, including road trips to Cass Lake, Muskegon, and Caseville.  I never made it to Lake Superior, though.  Oh well.  And if anyone is contemplating an east coast windsurfing trip (e.g. an ABK camp), please don't hesitate to reach out.  I am sure that I will continue to monitor this forum from time to time.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Larry,

We had three days of 20 mph winds in Caseville over the weekend.  There were about 5 windsurfers and a bunch of kiters .  I also got a couple days of trying to windsurf foil.  We sort of expected you to show up one of the days.

We'll miss you here in MI.  Good luck on your move back to the East Coast. The skill-level might go down a notch here after you move.

Brian

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

173 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}