Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

Great night at Rondeau last night, Ann got off work at 12:30 so we shot right up to Rondeau as it was blowing off shore on this side. I started on 5.5 and 100ltr and ended after a few hours on 5-0. and 92ltr as I was coming in finished others were going out with 4.5's. About four guys were on 7 and 8 metre kites. We had to be back in Windsor in  time for a friend's nephew's wake so we cut out a bit early.

Brooke and Paul sailed Lakewood around 5pm by which time it had turned more West. Paul said he loved the new spot more than any he had been at.

Ann and I are headed back to Rondeau today to pick up the strong onshore and hopefully get downm to some really small stuff. Hope to have some pics later

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, finally Don, the rest of us are getting to windsurf too! Those of us who stayed home for the holiday weekend, were out at Metro Beach all day. You couldn't rig right though - it was up and down and gusty. I was on a 5.5/105L and getting beat up. Most of the guys were on 5.0/85L combinations. Gotta take the motrin, because there's more today. I think it will be Blue Lagoon for the the SE MI guys.
Tomorrow ) Monday) looking very good too. Sailed Rondeau Yesterday with Ann I on 75 ltr board for the first time this year she was on 85. Great Day!! some picks of Richard Johnson later in the day on 85ltrs and 5.5 as the wind had ebbed a bit. Note how flat the water is here speed is amazing!!
Attachments:
Well that sucked!! We got there at noon rigged a 6.0 blasted out on one run and the wind fizzled out, damn near broke my toe slamming it against the mast on the first jibe on the outside, OUCH!!! Hopefuly I can sail tomorrow big forecast for small stuff, might do Mitchell's Bay tomorrow morning,,, if I can walk!!
Don,
I think a lot of us got skunked on Sunday, after having big hopes. Looks like the "leisure" guys will get to sail today and tomorrow.
Brian
ps. hope the toe is all right.
Nope! Tried to sail Rondeau today 5.5 and 92 ltrs for about an hour but it ached and I could not jibe especially with my feet in heavy water socks to keep it from being bumped again. I gave up after a bit but also the wind fizzed out again at 2pm just like yesterday. Funny thing is it's cranking here in Windsor the guys on your side of St. Clair must have had a great afternoon. Looks like I'll be takikng photo's for a while.

RSS

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

172 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}