Michigan Windsurfing

Windsurfing & Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Michigan

Wind finally turned West here at about two pm and pumped up at the sensor to over 20mph. That's usually my que to pack my gear and head up. So a quick pack up and off to Beachgrove. Upon arriving I could see a lot of white caps and streaks of wind in the water and as I rigged I could here alternating gusts ans lulls in the surrounding trees. I put up a 6.0 and my Blast 120 for floatation and ventured out. Almost overpowered on the way out, huge gusts but after my jibe on the way back, nothing, not even the 7.5 would have helped, good thing I picked a larger volume board. I played out there for about an hour and finally packed it in.

When Ann got home I continued to check the wind strength and direction hoping it would come a little more to the North, which it seemed to, according to the sensor around six pm. Again off we went. the sensor showed a bit more wind, and more of a WNW. She decided to take my blast and a 5.5 while I stuck with my six but downsized on the board to a 100 ltr. Well that had been a mistake

nothing had really changed, and so we sailed pretty much till dark under and over powered. Most of the time with the smaller board I was struggling to stay upwind though. Ann said she had some good runs as I clould see she was gettting upwind effortleslly, but she also said she had some shloggy runs as well.

Views: 6

Reply to This

Forum

Wind Talk

Anything Related to Wind and Water Sports

287 discussions

Session Report

Post About a Recent Session, or Plan One

145 discussions

Windsurfing Launches

Post Info, Directions, and Photos about Launches in MI and the Great Lakes

18 discussions

Gear 4 Sale or WTB

Sell Your Gear, or Find Stuff

172 discussions

DaNews

Hit Count Since 4-7-2010

© 2024   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.ningbar {background-image:url("http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/xmas_light.gif");background-repeat:repeat-x;} div#xn_bar_menu:before{ content: ""!important; position: absolute!important; width: 100%!important; height: 35px!important; left: 0%!important; z-index:9999!important; background: url(http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749975?profile=original); background-repeat:repeat-x!important; top: 25px!important;}